Extracting the most out of Pertmaster
If you are hearing about PertMaster for the first time, then this post is not really intended for you!! This post is for those who have seen their Risk professionals using PertMaster to assess the confidence of their project performance. Alternatively, you may be a departmental head trying to understand what exactly does your Risk professional do!! Either way, you will through this article appreciate that PertMaster is not just a tool for Schedule Risk Analysis or QSRA (as it is commonly known).
Did you know that:
- PertMaster can remove the need for a planning software (well, atleast in most cases). It has basic capabilities of a planning package and I would buy PertMaster rather than Microsoft Project – as you can do most of the tasks – baseline, critical path
- With PertMaster, you can undertake cost risk modeling on projects /programmes.
- PertMaster’s Risk Register functionality can be used as a ‘Qualitative Risk Register’ with some functions of Enterprise Risk Management software.
- Model your organization’s ‘Plan B’ through the use of Probabilistic Branching function. You may have several possibilities for a key project to be delivered, best reflected in a decision tree. I have modeled such situations using PertMaster, and indicated the confidence of invoking each plan – based on a set of risks /opportunities materializing.
- Your planner’s abilities can be assessed (just run the Schedule Check report to know how good your Planner is!!)
Do you have other advanced uses that you wish to share?
View the video below (without sound)…..